Saturday, August 25, 2007

Scrapping Outside the Box

The final challenge of the race was a scraplift of our favorite layout that our partner had created during the race. I loved all of Shawn's layouts, so choosing which one to lift was hard ... but I managed to do it. I chose to lift her layout from Challenge 9.
The second aspect of this challenge was that we had to scrap about our favorite part of the ADSR2. My favorite thing about this race was that it made me scrap outside of my norm. Here is what the journaling says...

The Amazing DigiScrapping Race 2 was full of exciting challenges and adventures; but my first one started before the race did. It was quite an adventure trying to find a partner. I found a great one in Shawn though. Shawn and I are on opposite sides of the planet but we work well together. Our styles are just a bit different too, which makes working as a team a lot of fun. I do have to admit though that picking my partner was not my favorite part of the race. My favorite aspect of the race was the fact that many of the challenges made me scrap outside my norm. It made me use a lot of pictures or even Alphas. I don't normally use alphas, that one was hard. I had to spend a lot of time looking for the alphas to use. I don't like one photo layouts, so using many photos for my pages wasn't a really big change for me. The real challenge was using the required number. 10 photos on one page is not exactly an easy thing to do, but I did it. It was a lot of fun too! I do digital scrapbooking challenges every month, but I don't normally create new styles. I just stick to what is comfortable for me. The Amazing Race didn't let me do that. It made me thing of new ways to do things. I am always up for a challenge and Scrapping Outside the Box is the best one of all. I'm really happy I did this race. Bring on ADSR3.

For this layout I used Amanda Thorderson's America The Beautiful kit.
Credits for the 3 smaller layouts included on this page can be found here, here and here.
Credits for Shawn's layout for challenge #9 can be found here.

No comments: