Monday, August 13, 2007

Lunchtime Nightmare

This challenge was a bit of a chore for me to actually do. I racked my brain all day today trying to come up with an embarrassing moment. I really had a hard time coming up with one. I guess I do my best to forget those types of moments ... LOL ... but I managed to come up with one. I chose to create my layout about an incident that happened one day during the lunch period this past school year.
For this layout I used a kit called PopTart ... available at Elemental Scraps. Its one of the kits that I purchased with the gift certificate we were given for completing a previous challenge in this race. The fonts that I used are Kids First Print Font, Lindsay Beehive and Velvet Script. It's A Date Stamp Set by Teriann Hanks @ DSO.

This is what the journaling says:

Lunchtime at the Elementary School is usually a fun thing to see. But not always. There was one day in May, during the year Andrew was in Kindergarten. I was at the school volunteering, like most days. It was time for lunch and ice cream was on the menu for dessert. The lunch ladies had forgotten to give Andrew's class their ice cream when they picked up their trays. The lady working the register gave me the box of ice cream and told me to make sure that all of the students with hot lunch got their ice cream. I handed the cups to all of Andrew's class and the class that shared the tables with them. Then I went to the other tables and started handing the ice cream cups to the third Kindergarten class. I had given it to almost the entire class when their teacher's aide threw a fit. She had purposely made sure that her class didn't get the ice cream cups when they went through the line. She was really mad at me for giving it to them and made me take it all back. I was so embarrassed. I had only been doing what I was told to do, but she made it like I had done something incredibly wrong. I felt so bad for the kids in her class. Especially when I was taking the ice cream back that I had given them I shouldn't have been embarrassed, I only did what I was told. I honestly don't know if I was more embarrassed or upset at the whole situation Probably a bit of both. After taking the ice cream cups back from her students I took the box back to the counter and went to eat by Andrew. I hope tha tI never have to go through anything like that ever again. It was not fun!

No comments: