Monday, August 20, 2007

Grease

This page was a fun one for me to do! For some reason I didn't see the challenge posted at the ADSR2 blog, and I couldn't find it anywhere else. I was completely caught off guard when I came to our blog and saw that not only had Shawn posted the challenge here for me, she had already completed her layout too. Amazing! She's totally on top of things. For this layout I used a template by Simply Sarah. The background paper is from Amanda Thorderson's America the Beautiful kit. The movie photos were found all around the internet (it was a lot of fun to look for them). The font that I used is Velvet Script. Here is what the journaling states --- Grease has got to be my all-time favorite movie. I used to lay in
bed at night when I was younger and listen to my parents when
they would watch it. The songs were my favorite part at that age. As I grew up I just loved the entire movie. I even threw a party for the girls on my floor when I was an RA in college. We then discussed the things that were good and bad about the story. I know this movie inside and out, forward and backward. I could watch it every day. It reminds me of how much people are willing to do to fit in, to be liked. I tried that once, it didn't really work. I feld much better when I went back to being myself. I hope I can teach my boys that they should never change who they are just to fit in with others.

No comments: